When you join the Aspley Hornets you will become part of a team of people working together to operate one of the best local facilities on Brisbane’s north side. We are a successful AFL Club, the home of a Grand Final winning NEAFL team and 470 junior players. We have 2 dining options, 148 gaming machines and numerous roles at the Aspley Hornets. The Aspley Hornets is a unique place to work with many career options to suit your skills.
New to the workforce? Starting out in your hospitality career? Not sure what you are best suited to? With many career opportunities for you at the Aspley Hornets, knowing where to start can be difficult. We are here to help.
We seek to recruit individuals with the behaviours that we feel will work within our culture and help further grow and develop our club aligning with the community feel that we have. To be successful in hospitality you must be able to work nights, weekends, split shifts and public holidays.
WE ARE HIRING FOOD & BEVERAGE ATTENDANTS!
The Aspley Hornets Football Club has a Restaurant, function rooms, all day Café dining, three bars, gaming & TAB facilities.
We are recruiting Food & Beverage staff with at least 1 year industry experience within food and beverage. All applications must hold a current RSA, be available nights, weekends and public holidays.
If you possess the above skills and have a great personality to match, then apply today! Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our most successful and high performing employees all have a number of key strengths in common:
- Always acting with the customer and the Hornet’s service values in mind
- Being approachable
- Being a team player
- Being patient when listening to other people both patrons and peers
- Staying calm when working under pressure
- Acting with integrity
- Food and Beverage
Reception – Responsible for welcoming our members and guests to the Club and ensuring they meet the requirements of entry as per OLGR. Our Reception team is the first point of call for all our members and guests.
Food and Beverage – Our Bistro offers a relaxed dining atmosphere that caters to all demographics. Our friendly and obliging team members take pride in giving our patrons a fast and efficient service. We offer a variety of training programs to our staff that enables their career progression. Our dining area is a great entry level to kick start your hospitality career. Some of the roles that we have in dining are:
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Front of House Manager
- Front of House Supervisor
Bars – Our Lounge Bar and Sports Bar are both excellent places to relax and unwind. If it is watching the Friday night football on TV or our very own NEAFL team winning a grand final, we have your needs covered. Our dynamic team will give you a professional and fun customer service experience. Some of the positions that we have in the bars are:
- IPad sales attendant
- Bar Attendant
- Bar Supervisor
Functions – our skilled functions team orchestrate a seamless service experience that ranges from community events to large corporate functions. Our annual Sportsmen’s lunch plays host each year to some of the AFL’s biggest names and our Family Fun Day’s attract hundreds of junior families from within the community. Roles within our Function Department are:
- Function Manager
- Function Attendant
Gaming – Welcoming hundreds of patrons each day, our gaming staff pride themselves on delivering personalised service with great attention to detail. Our gaming staff will attend to your every need on the floor, including round the clock drink and floor service.
Roles in Gaming:
- Gaming Attendant
- Gaming Supervisor
- Members Services Host
Apprenticeships and Traineeships – Our catering department offers Apprenticeships and Traineeships that are open to Front and Back of House. Chef Apprenticeships will train you in all areas including menu planning preparing and cooking food, to garnishing, cleaning, and ordering food supplies and equipment. Apprentices are required to learn all areas of the kitchen. Our traineeships are open to anyone embarking on a career in Front of House hospitality. These programs are a collaboration of theory and practical work and are orchestrated through the assistance of a RTO and individual schools.
We offer First Year Apprenticeships and School Based Traineeships
Working at the Aspley Hornets is an opportunity for you to be employed in an exciting and fast-paced environment whilst furthering your career in hospitality. It is a great industry to support you through your schooling or university studies.
Our employees play a key role in creating that special experience which is why we select the best candidates for a diverse range of roles. When applying for any position, it’s an opportunity for you to showcase your experience, qualifications and potential. The best way for you to demonstrate your key strengths and create a positive first impression is through your resume and a well-considered covering letter.
- Briefly address the role’s selection criteria in your cover letter.
- Tell us why you want the role, what you will bring to the role and why we should hire you.
- Don’t forget to submit the cover letter with your application and include your contact details.
- Check to make sure the job description of the role you are applying for matches your skills and experience.
- Remember to include all of your relevant skills, qualifications, training and work experience.
- Make sure your address and contact numbers are accurate and up to date (you would hate to miss out due to incorrect contact details).
- This is your opportunity to create a positive first impression.
- Be well presented and dress appropriately
- Always arrive early, and get in touch with HR if you are running late.
- Ensure all pre interview paperwork is completed correctly and legibly
- Research the role you have applied for and refer to your research during the interview.
- It is a legal requirement that a candidate must be at least 18 years of age to obtain employment in Gaming (however, some exemptions exist for apprentices and junior employees not employed in Gaming areas).
- As a candidate, working in a Gaming venue, you will also be required to present 100 points of valid and current identification which is required to undertake and return a satisfactory probity result (police check).
- In addition to supplying the necessary identification, (where relevant) a candidate will need to provide evidence that they have a legal entitlement to work in Australia.
- If candidates have lived overseas for 12 months or more during the past 10 years; a police check from that country is also required.
- Candidates will be required to supply documentation evidencing any formal qualifications, certificates or licenses that they hold, which are relevant to the position for which they are applying.
- Candidates will be required to provide two recent professional referees in support of their application.
If you have the behaviours we are seeking and you have proven, strong skills in Food, Beverage, Gaming, Tab, Reception, Administration or Management please contact us. When a role becomes available, we will search our applications against the essentials for the role and hopefully contact you to discuss the role further.
When you are employed by the Aspley Hornets, you will be recognised with the following benefits:
- Free staff carparking
- Annual training
- Staff incentive programs
- Subsidised meals
- Comprehensive health and wellness program
- Discounted gym memberships
We enjoy working here, we know you will.
SUNDAY TO TUESDAY
10am - 1am
WEDNESDAY - SATURDAY
10am - 2am
Clubs Queensland Winner
STAY IN TOUCH
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.