When you join the Aspley Hornets you will become part of a team of people working together to operate one of the best local facilities on Brisbane’s north side. We are a successful AFL Club, the home of a Grand Final winning NEAFL team and 470 junior players. We have 2 dining options, 148 gaming machines and numerous roles at the Aspley Hornets. The Aspley Hornets is a unique place to work with many career options to suit your skills.
New to the workforce? Starting out in your hospitality career? Not sure what you are best suited to? With many career opportunities for you at the Aspley Hornets, knowing where to start can be difficult. We are here to help.
We seek to recruit individuals with the behaviours that we feel will work within our culture and help further grow and develop our club aligning with the community feel that we have. To be successful in hospitality you must be able to work nights, weekends, split shifts and public holidays.
WE ARE HIRING A SHORT ORDER COOK!
We are looking for a quick and organised Short Order Cook who can handle all aspects of food preparation to join our dynamic team in the fast-paced Aspley Hornets Café.
Your responsibilities include keeping food preparation areas clean, cooking, and frying foods, taking orders, keeping the dining area clean and stocking kitchen and food supplies.
To be a successful Short Order Cook, you should have good time management skills as well as the ability to work quickly and multitask during busy periods.
We operate 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, breakfast from 7.30 in the weekends. You must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Taking customer orders and preparing food to their specifications.
- Grilling, cooking, and frying foods.
- Planning and managing dockets to ensure all items of an order are finished and served at the same time.
- Preparing, cooking and garnishing all menu items.
- Performing simple food preparation tasks, such as slicing up meats and vegetables.
- Accepting payments and making change.
- Ordering supplies and stocking the shelves and rotating food.
- Cleaning food preparation equipment and areas.
- Minimum 1/2 years hospitality experience in a similarly fast paced environment
- The ability to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communication, teamworking, and customer service skills.
- Food Handler Certificate
- You will be a team player with a strong eye for detail, a “can do” attitude and a strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to follow direction and work under pressure
If you think that you would be a great fit for our Hornet family, send your cover letter and resume to Rochelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at the Aspley Hornets is an opportunity for you to be employed in an exciting and fast-paced environment whilst furthering your career in hospitality. It is a great industry to support you through your schooling or university studies.
Our employees play a key role in creating that special experience which is why we select the best candidates for a diverse range of roles. When applying for any position, it’s an opportunity for you to showcase your experience, qualifications and potential. The best way for you to demonstrate your key strengths and create a positive first impression is through your resume and a well-considered covering letter.
SUNDAY TO THURSDAY
10am - 12am
FRIDAY & SATURDAY
10am - 2am