The board is very happy with the way the year has started from a licenced club perspective as well as how the season ahead looks. This is a very busy time for every involved in the club, and there’s lots of activity happening in all aspects of our business.
With the season commencing we look forward to what we hope will be an uninterrupted season so everyone can enjoy a year of football and the community benefits that flow from that.
- We are eagerly awaiting the beginning of the QAFLW season, which starts on Feb 27th.
- Our VFL/East Coast team, QFA and colts training is progressing on track.
- VFL practice matches commence on March 20
- The board accepted the appointment of the u15s Girls Coach, Cameron Levi.
- Youth grading and practice matches to be held on 14th and 21st of March.
- Our current Junior registrations are looking very good although we would still like to attract more girls in the younger age groups.
- The club was happy to have our Aspley Junior & Brisbane Lion Harris Andrews attend one of our shopping centre promotion days, he was very popular.
The season launch will be on March the 6th which will be the first QAFLW’s home game.
The club continues to trade well through the early part of the year, and we are looking forward to a promising year as football gets underway.
The café redevelopment is continuing with construction scheduled to commence on March 1st. Construction should be completed by April 5th.
At the Board Table
The board is working through the outcomes from its strategic planning workshops and developing our operation plans for the year ahead. It had been a productive time to reflect on feedback from members, the current roles and responsibilities of the board and senior management.
Comments are closed