AUGUST BOARD REPORT 2021
The Board Report is a summary of board meetings conducted by directors of the Aspley Hornets intended to provide information to club members every month as to the board’s workings.
The board have been commending the club and football operations and their respective teams over the last month as they have had to deal with recent lockdowns and the lingering impacts that Covid has on the community.
Unfortunately due to the recent government imposed lockdowns, the disruption caused to community football has been a frustrating end to the season, however we are enthusiastic with what 2022 has in store for the Aspley Football Club.
The Board also advised that we will commence turf rejuvenation works for top dressing commencing from 13th September in which the oval shall be closed for 4-6 weeks.
- After a thorough decision making process, the board considered all feedback and evaluations for its Senior Football Program for 2022 and have made the decision to withdraw from the VFL Competition for 2022.
- This decision was not taken lightly, and the board commended the Players, Coaching Staff and volunteers involved in the programme for 2021 for the patience and commitment in what has been a challenging year due to Covid impacts.
- The Board are looking forward to returning to community football in the QAFL Competition in 2022 and will continue to provide the best football program, resources and facilities for our players and coaches.
- The Board acknowledged the disappointment in the abrupt end to the season for many teams, however lauded that 9 out of a possible 13 teams had qualified for Finals which was a fantastic result.
- The Board also commends our Football Operations team on the massive effort to achieve over 600 junior players at Aspley Hornets in 2021.
The club continued to operate positively for this period and the new bistro menu had been well received by our patrons. The recent Covid shutdowns have been a disruption, however the team have managed these periods well and have rebounded solidly.
We have recently made some alterations to the gaming room layouts to create a new break-out area which will have further exciting changes coming soon.
At the Board Table
The board has now ratified the clubs vision statement based on recent strategic planning workshops to “improve wellbeing through investing in sport entertainment and the community”.
Discussions and planning our now underway for the 2022 budget for agreement and ratification.
The board recognises that it is here to ensure the successful management of the club for the members. Any member wishing to provide feedback for consideration by the board can do so by sending correspondence via the club secretary.
Comments are closed